Why Is It Important To Mend Your Cooling System Of Your Car Yearly?
If you find your automobile is not getting cool or find hot breezes from the cooling system, it is possible that there is some technical malfunction which is creating this havoc. Before you call in professionals for fixing this issue, you must have an understanding about inner workings of the system.
• The components
Be it the ducted air conditioning unit of your house or the cooling system of your car, the main components are usually the same with a few exceptions here and there. There are four main components which comprise of the compressor where the refrigerant gases get compressed. Then comes the evaporator which allows the heat from air and passes over to the refrigerant agent for cooling. The heat gets boiled down and the water vapour thus created which helps in decreasing the overall temperature and humidity of the automobile. Then comes the condenser which plays a vital role in keeping the refrigerant cool and converting the heat in the compressor to pressurized liquid. The fourth and final component is the expansion valve or the orifice tube which depends upon the type of automobile. Its job is to convert the liquid refrigerant to a lower pressure liquid for passing into the evaporator.
• The main components are usually responsible for any faults or havoc in the system. The interplay between the components is complex and any issue arising out of this complex interplay leads to system issues. There are several signs which act as warning when the car needs an air conditioning repair.
• Like the weak airflow can be a sign of broken hoses, mold or mildew, faulty ventilation fan or worn down seals.
• If the condenser or evaporator is damaged, it will affect the cooling capabilities. It can also lead to a chemical leak or a blown fuse.
• If the cool air blows only for a short time followed by warm air, the reason behind this fault can be the leaks, faulty compressor clutch, expansion valve getting clogged or blown fuse.
• Bad odour can be a result of old filter or presence of mold in the evaporator.
DIY fixing and professional assistance
There are several DIY kits available in the market for checking the basic issues of the cooling systems in the car. For instance, such DIY kit can help check if the coolant is seeping out or not. A special dye and a gauge come with such kits which help in checking the leakage and testing the pressure and flow of the coolant. However, it is advisable to call in professionals for fixing such issues as they are experts and can help you solve the issue in no time. Yearly diagnostic and check up along with servicing is important for maintaining the cooling system of the car.